An Account of Ron Hubbard's Original OT Two
Warning: These materials are only to be read and used by students ready for
the Level. To qualify you have to have attested Clear and done Advanced Level 1,
Pre-OT One. The student should also be a trained Solo-auditor.
Ron Hubbard's instructions on how to audit Pre-OT II were never written up in one comprehensive text. Instead they had to be collected by instructors from taped lectures and especially from instructions on how to run the so-called Clearing Course Materials with some notes. Here, for the first time, is an accurate manual in how to specifically audit Pre-OT II. It is an updated presentation of Mr. Hubbard's instructions from 1966-67. It is 100% compatible with what is called Standard OT II Instructions.
Keywords for CC and Advanced Level Two
The subject of GPMs, including materials related to Pre-OT II, was researched by Ron Hubbard in the 1960s. A full record of this research is part of the Briefing Course and its many taped lectures. It is however not necessary to know every twist and turn of this research if one's purpose is simply to understand how these Levels are Solo-audited. This keywords glossary should give you a sound foundation for your practical understanding and application. A more complete glossary exists for reference.
Stands for Clearing Course. It refers to the materials on that Level and also the auditing action described in the Level leading to the State of Clear.
the subject of this pack. It is called Pre-OT II, Advanced Level II or OT II. It is the same thing. Since the original 'Operating Thetan™' or 'OT' is trademarked we use that name only as a description.
A problem with two
1. Anything that has opposing sides of equal force, especially postulate-counter-postulate, intention-counter-intention or idea-counter-idea.
2. It is an intention-counter-intention that worries the Preclear.
A long time effort to reach a certain end result. This end result can be a beingness, doingness or havingness. Example of a beingness: to become the leader or top figure of something. Doingness: To become the best (most skillful) chess player I can be. Havingness: To own a million dollars of property.
Over time the PC has pursued many different Goals. Some of these major goals (one at a time) defined the Beings livingness; his beingness, doingness and havingness. To succeed the Being had to overcome obstacles and opposition.
Any such Goal will have a long series of Engrams, Overts and Withholds, etc. connected to it. If we have the Goal 'To reach the North Pole by dog sledge' (just an example) you can imagine the troubles and hardships the person had to endure to succeed. Injury, freezing, exhaustion, starvation, fighting polar bears, causing death of other expedition members, etc. They all formed Engrams, Overts, Withholds, etc.
1. The Whole Track is the moment to moment record of a person’s existence in this universe in picture form. Also called the Time-track.
A GPM builds up over
GPM ( GOALS PROBLEM MASS ):
1. A GPM is composed of mental masses and significances which have the same general pattern from person to person. The significances and masses in GPMs dictate certain types of aberrated attitudes and behaviors, pains, sicknesses, feelings of heaviness, tiredness, and other undesirable things. The significances are usually behind aberrated behavior; the masses, when pulled in on the individual, are more likely to cause psychosomatic illnesses, pains or feelings of heaviness and tiredness.
2. A mental energy-mass (or ridge) in the Preclears mind. It came about as a result of a series of long range Goals the Preclear pursued over many lifetimes - one at the time. Each built up mass due to opposition from others and ensuing Engrams, Overts, Withholds, etc. - as explained under 'Goals' above. A Goal is pursued for many, many years and builds up mass. It's what defines the persons beingness, doingness and havingness at the time. The conflict between this Goal and the opposition it faces and continuously has to fight is the basis of the GPM. A new version of that Goal and its opposition adds a new Pair to that GPM. Each Pair is in other words a recorded "eternal conflict". A GPM that comes about this way (as a result of living) is called an Actual GPM.
3. The GPM is a problem created by two or more
opposing ideas. They confront or oppose each other in a balanced way. This
unresolved conflict of ideas or Goals results in a mental mass. A GPM is a
mental energy mass.
4. Ron Hubbard explains the basic mechanism this way: "If you took two fire hoses and pointed them at each other, their streams would not reach each other’s nozzles, but would splatter against one another in midair. If this splatter were to hang there, it would be a ball of messed up water. Call hose A the force the PC has used to execute his Goal. Call hose B the force other dynamics have used to oppose that Goal. Where these two forces have perpetually met, a mental mass is created.
This is the picture of any problem - force opposing force with resultant mass. Where the PC’s Goal meets constant opposition, you have in the Reactive Mind the resultant mass caused by the two forces: GOAL = force of getting it done, OPPOSITION = force opposing it getting done. This is the Goal Problem Mass." (excerpt from taped lecture).
1. An Implant is an intentional action of overwhelming the Being (Thetan) with an idea, Goal or other significance. The overwhelm can be done by various means, including use of drugs. The most common method of overwhelm on the Time-track applies some kind of electronics or electro-chock.
The Implant is a way to install a fixed idea in a Thetan's mind by artificial means. It is done in an attempt to gain control over that Being's behavior.
2. An Implant is shocking someone with an electric shock and saying something at the same time. Also it could be making a loud noise and at the same time saying something, doing this on a patterned basis.
A Goal given as an Implant. It starts with "to" and then it has a verb (Root-word) and then it has an End-word. A Goal could be: "to catch cats". "To catch" would be the root, and "cats" the End-word.
IMPLANT GOALS PROBLEM MASS (IMPLANT GPM):
An Implant GPM is a GPM made up of Goals (and their opposing Goals) which are not the Preclears own but have been implanted. Each Goal, in other words, is not a self-determined decision and course of action in life but simply given as an Implant.
An Implant GPM derives its power over the Preclear from the Actual GPMs. They are implanted Locks, you could say; a synthetic GPM that derives its aberrative power from the Actual GPMs. They are implanted maliciously to confuse, entrap and reduce the power of a Thetan. They are designed by the implanters to enforce obedience to certain behavior patterns.
CLEARING COURSE IMPLANTS (CC Implants):
A series of Implants given to all Thetans in this part of the universe. They are addressed through auditing on the Clearing Course, where they step by step are erased. Full erasure of the CC Implants results in the state of Clear.
OT II IMPLANTS:
A series of Implants given to all Thetans in this part of the universe. They are addressed through auditing on Advanced Level II. "All available charge off the OT II Implant materials" results in Pre-OT II Completion.
A Platen on Pre-OT II is a map that gives the content and sequence of one Implant. There are many Implants and many Platens that make up the Level. One line on a Platen is usually considered as one Item.
On CC and Pre-OT II it simply means a line from an Implant Platen.
The basic technique used in auditing out known Implants. Generally speaking, the Solo-auditor will take up one Item at a time from the Platen. It can be a verbal Item or a non-verbal one. Each Item is addressed many times and will read on the Meter. Gradually the charge will get flattened (much like flattening a Button when doing bull-baiting on TR-0). When a particular Item no longer produces any Meter reaction the Solo-auditor moves on to the next Item.
1. can-can't is the plus and minus aspect of all thought. It is called a Dichotomy with a specialized word. 2. a Pair of opposites, such as black-white, good-evil, love-hate.
2. A Dichotomy in relation to GPMs means plus and minus. A plus word and a minus word. Each major idea has two parts: a PLUS and a MINUS. These are opposed to each other.
The two sides are of the same order of things. They always belong to the same overall group or subject.
Plus and minus form a current between them as you will find in an electrical battery. They interchange current. They are in conflict. What is generally agreed to be the unwanted or poor side is minus. What is generally conceived to be all right is plus.
Example: we have the major idea that an individual has a financial status. Wealth is the PLUS and Poverty is the MINUS.
So a DICHOTOMY means two parts of a major idea. We have two opposites in active conflict with each other.
A Dichotomy consists
1. See also Implant Goal.
2. An End-word is a noun or a condition made into a noun.
It's the final word of a Goal.
3. The End-word is the common denominator to the whole of a GPM.
All the Goals in one GPM have one thing in common: the End-word in these Goals are one and the same. If the End-word is 'Cats' the Goals could be: 'to breed cats', 'to catch cats', 'to kill cats', 'to please cats' and so on. The common denominator is simply the End-word, 'Cats'. So we have a series of Goals related to the End-word 'Cats' and this End-word is the common denominator that holds the GPM together in the Bank.
A Pair inside the
1. The term "Part" refers to the individual GPMs in a series. In practice each Platen covers one GPM and is a Part.
1. On Pre-OT II a Run refers to one complete set of 21 GPMs.
2. A Run on Pre-OT II is all the Platens 1-21.
On the Time-track these Implants 1-21 are repeated 10 times. Those are the 10 Runs of the OT II Implants.
1. A series of recordings of similar experiences. A chain has Engrams, Secondaries and Locks.
2. Incidents of similar nature strung out in time. 3. A series of incidents of similar nature or subject matter.
The basic definition of "entity" in the dictionary is:
"Something that has a real and separate existence either actually or in the mind; a Being or existence which is considered distinct and self contained."
There are various types of entities described in Ron Hubbard's technology.
Cells. For example, a cell is a living organism all by itself.
Genetic Entity (also called the somatic mind). There is the Genetic Entity ("GE") which is the entity that carries forward from the earliest formation of the MEST body. It takes care of the body and its automatic functions.
Synthetic entities. There can be injected entities or synthetic entities. Some of these are ridges on which facsimiles are planted.
Each one of those things can be a thinking entity.
It thinks it is alive. It can think it's a Being, as long as energy is fed to it.
These follow all the rules, laws and phenomena of single Beings. The full subject of entities is not taken up in this glossary. However, for an understanding of the data on entities as contained in the technology, one must first have a good understanding of these basic definitions.
References for further data on entities include:
The State of Clear (in this pack)
HCOB 30 JUL 80, THE NATURE OF A BEING.
DIANETICS™, THE MODERN SCIENCE OF MENTAL HEALTH, Book Two, Chapter IV.
THE HISTORY OF MAN, Chapters Two, Five and Ten.
© Prometheus International, 2004. Plus fair use quotes from Ron Hubbard's published notes and works.