SELF ANALYSIS (SA) LISTS
(quoted from Filbert's 'Excalibur')
On each line of each of the following lists you add the phrase "Paying particular attention to_________". In the blank you place a perceptic.
|The perceptics are:||sight
You should change the perceptic each time you ask a new recall question, but not in asking for an earlier recall.
Each line out of each list, with the perceptic selected, is put to the preclear only once, with the following 3 commands in this order:
|A.||"Paying particular attention to__________, recall a time when " (you continue the question with the line)|
|B.||"Paying particular attention to__________, recall another time when " (put in same line)|
|C.||"Paying particular attention to__________, recall the earliest time you can when " (same line)"|
|You Run each List to EP||(FN, VGIs, Cog, Vivid Recall,
that perceptic turned on full.)
It usually runs pretty quick. Thus we enclose shortened versions of the lists, as usually it EP's even before half of the included questions are run. You will find additional questions in Ron Hubbard's book: Self Analysis. If you were to run these and not get an EP, your pc probably should not be on SA lists. Something like life rudiments, or the 53 form needs to be run instead. As the book is included as course materials, the lists are just included here as an easy reference that can be printed out.
SELF ANALYSIS LISTS:
List 1:General Incidents
|L 1. - Can you recall a time when:
1. You were happy.
2. You had just finished constructing something.
3. Life was cheerful.
4. Somebody had given you something.
5. You ate something good.
6. You had a friend.
7. You felt energetic.
8. Somebody was waiting for you.
9. You drove fast.
10. You saw something you liked.
11. You acquired something good.
12. You threw away something bad.
13. You kissed somebody you liked.
14. You laughed at a joke.
15. You received money.
16. You felt young.
17. You liked life.
18. You played a game.
19. You bested something dangerous.
20. You acquired an animal.
21. Somebody thought you were important.
22. You enjoyed a good loaf.
23. You chased something bad.
List 2:Time Orientation
|L 2.01 - Can you recall an incident which happened:
1. A long time ago. (the year? the month? the hour ?)
1. Clothing today and clothing when you were small.
List 3: Orientation of Senses
|L 3.01 - Can you recall a time when:
1. It was very late.
2. You were early.
3. You had to wait.
4. You had to stand for some time supporting a weight.
5. You went very fast.
6. You covered a great deal of space.
7. You used a lot of time (when you really did, not when somebody said you did).
8. An object ran down (not a clock).
9. A long length of space.
10. A short length of space.
11. An object moving.
12. An animal moving.
13. A clock hand moving.
14. A round object.
15. An object near an object.
16. A lightning bolt.
17. Breaking a watch. (did time stop'?)
18. A good time.
19. You were too late.
( Additional questions are in the second half of LIST 2 )
List 4: Standard Processing
|Can you recall a time when:
1. You moved an object.
2. An object moved you.
3. You threw an organism up into the air.
4. You walked down stairs.
5. You acquired something you wanted.
6. You created something good.
7. You felt big in a certain space.
8. You were proud to move something heavy.
9. You handled energy well.
10. You built a fire.
11. You lost something you didn't want.
12. You forced something on somebody.
13. You promoted survival.
14. You pleasantly expended time.
15. You closed in space.
16. You were master of your own time.
17. You opened up a space.
18. You handled a machine well.
19. You stopped a machine.
20. You raised an object.
21. You lowered yourself.
22. You destroyed something you didn't want.
23. You changed something for the better.
24. An organism you did not like moved away from you.
25. You obtained something you wanted.
26. You maintained a person.
List 5: Assists to Remembering
|Can you remember a time when:
1. You acquired something you wanted.
2. You threw away something you didn't want.
3. You abandoned something you knew you were supposed to have.
4. You did something else with the time which was otherwise appointed for you.
5. You went into a space you were not supposed to occupy.
6. You left the place you were supposed to be.
7. You were happy to have acquired something.
8. You happily defied directions you had been given.
9. You were sent to one place and chose to go to another.
10. You chose your own clothing.
11. You wore something in spite of what people would think.
12. You got rid of something which bored you.
13. You were glad to have choice over one of two objects.
14. You didn't drink any more than you wanted to.
15. You successfully refused to eat.
16. You did what you pleased with yourself.
17. You did what you pleased with a smaller person.
18. You were right not to have accepted something.
19. You gave away a present you had received.
20. You destroyed an object somebody forced upon you.
21. You had something you wanted and maintained it well.
22. You maliciously scuffed your shoes.
23. You didn't read the book you had been given.
24. You refused to be owned.
25. You changed somebody's orders.
26. You slept where you pleased.
List 6: Forgetter Section
.Can you recall an incident when:
1. You put something aside because you thought it was dangerous but it wasn't.
2. You acquired something you were not supposed to have and kept it.
3. You cheerfully got into everything you were supposed to leave alone.
4. You went back to something you had been pulled away from.
5. You found the caution to leave something alone groundless.
6. You cheerfully destroyed an expensive object.
7. You threw away something you wanted.
8. You played with somebody you were supposed to leave alone.
9. You were right in disobeying.
10. You read a forbidden book.
11. You enjoyed having things.
12. You acquired a dangerous object and enjoyed it.
13. You stole some food and were cheerful about it.
14. You ate exactly what you pleased.
15. You fixed some electrical wiring successfully.
16. You played with fire.
17. You successfully drove dangerously.
18. You touched something in spite of all warnings.
19. You got away with it.
20. She walked out on you.
21. You and some friends collected objects.
22. You touched a forbidden thing happily.
23. You got it anyway.
24. You went where you weren't supposed to and enjoyed it.
25. You owned something that was once forbidden.
26. He walked out on you.
List 7: Survival Factors
|Can you recall a time when:
1. A person you disliked was about.
2. An individual you liked stood above you.
3. You finally accepted a person you liked.
4. You enjoyed accompanying a person you liked.
5. You were against a person you liked.
6. You acquired an individual you liked.
7. You and a person you liked engaged in a pleasant action.
8. Your action resulted in getting rid of somebody you didn't like.
9. You enjoyed seeing somebody you admired.
10. You advanced toward a person you liked.
11. You acquired an object which you adored.
12. You knew somebody felt affection for you.
13. You got away from a person of whom you were afraid.
14. You walked after a person you liked.
15. A person you liked aided you.
16. You and people you liked were all together.
17. You almost met somebody you disliked.
18. You were glad to be alone.
19. Somebody aided your ambition.
20. You were among people you liked.
21. You found somebody amiable.
22. A person amused you.
23. You finally didn't have to be anxious.
24. A person you liked appeared suddenly.
25. You had a good appetite.
List 8: Imagination
Can you recall a time when:
1. You foresaw how son thing should be and arranged it.
2. You imagined something and constructed it.
3. You envisioned how place would look a went there.
4. You were forced to admit you lied when you had told the truth.
5. Somebody disarranged what was yours and you put it back.
6. You delighted in filling up space with imaginary things.
7. You did a masterpiece of creation.
8. You saw something come into actuality which you had imagined.
9. You imagined it there and destroyed it.
10. Your vision was complemented.
11. You planned what to with some time and did it.
12. You ignored interruptions and went on according to schedule.
13. You saw how some space could be bettered and bettered it.
14. You drew a plan and people followed it.
15. Things were smoother because you had thought of them that way.
List 9: Valences
Can you recall a time when:
1. You watched a person you didn't like doing something you liked to do.
2. You saw a person you liked doing something you didn't like to do.
3. You watched a person you liked doing something you liked to do.
4. You saw a person you disliked doing something you disliked to do.
5. You noticed somebody wearing something you wore.
6. You found somebody using a mannerism you used.
7. You adopted a mannerism.
8. You found yourself and a dog being treated alike.
9. You made faces at yourself in the mirror.
10. You decided to be completely different from a person.
11. You discovered you were like an object.
12. You were classified with an unfavorable person.
13. You were classified with a favorable person.
14. You found yourself dressed like many others.
15. You found you were different from somebody, after all.
16. You noticed the difference between yourself and others.
17. You ate with somebody you liked.
18. You met a person who reminded you of another and noticed the difference between
19. You walked in step with somebody you liked.
20. You rode with somebody you admired.
21. You had to take the same position as somebody else.
22. You played a game with people you liked.
23. You found yourself doing something because somebody in your early youth did it.
24. You found yourself refusing to do something because somebody in your early youth
List 10: Interruptions
Can you recall a time when:
1. An object resisted you and you overcame it.
2. You couldn't move and then succeeded in getting away.
3. Somebody took something out of your hands and finished it.
4. Your physical action was interrupted.
5. A machine did not start.
6. Somebody jumped at you unexpectedly.
7. You were told a ghost story.
8. You had to give up a career.
9. Somebody touched your mouth.
10. You tried to raise your hand and were blocked.
11. You found the road was closed.
12. You couldn't get something into something.
13. You were halted by a friend.
14. Your father showed you how it was really done.
15. Somebody made you take care of something.
16. It was demonstrated you were putting it to the wrong use.
17. You were corrected "for your own good".
18. You knew somebody who had a mania for using only the right word.
19. You were "helped" by having your sentence finished.
20. You couldn't go at the last minute.
21. You knew somebody who corrected the words you used for songs.
22. You weren't permitted to cry.
23. Noise got on somebody's nerves.
24. You couldn't finish it for want of time.
25. You had to be patient.
26. You couldn't go just then.
27. You were going but you were stopped.
28. Somebody tried to stop you but you kept on anyway.
29. You used it just as pleased.
List 11: Invalidation
|Can you recall a time when:
1. A person much smaller than you resented your size.
2. A person bigger than you made you feel inferior.
3. A person would not let you finish something.
4. An object was too much for you.
5. You found a space too big.
6. You were pushed back because you were too small.
7. You didn't make the team.
8. You found you were adequate.
9. You found somebody had lied about how bad you were.
10. You discovered you had been right, after all.
11. You found your decision would have been best.
12. You solved a problem nobody else could do.
13. You discovered there were homelier people in the world than you.
14. You found you could ignore somebody's opinion.
15. You found somebody else thought you really had done something good.
16. You were admired your looks.
17. You overcame a machine.
18. You accomplished arduous journey.
19. You discovered somebody who slurred was dishonest in other ways.
20. You found yourself bigger and more powerful than an animal.
21. You discovered your competence.
22. You bested somebody thoroughly.
23. An enemy cried quarter.
24. You drew blood somebody else.
25. You took the lion's share and kept it.
26. You made your weight felt.
List 12: The Elements
Can you recall a time when:
1. You bested a storm.
2. You enjoyed thunder.
3. You had fun in snow
4. You enjoyed the sun shine.
5. Everyone else said it too hot but you enjoyed it.
6. You bested an area of water.
7. The rain was soothing.
8. You were glad it was a cloudy day.
9. The wind excited you.
10. The night was soft.
11. You were glad to see the sun.
12. The weather was friendly.
13. You bested some surf.
14. The air was exhilarating.
15. You were glad of the season.
16. You got warm after being too cold.
17. A dawn excited you.
18. You felt you owned stars.
19. You were excited over a hailstone.
20. You discovered the temperature of snow flakes.
21. The dew was bright.
108.22. A soft fog rolled.
24. It was terrible outside and you were snug in your house.
25. The wind felt good.
26. You lived through it.
27. You discovered you liked your own climate.
28. You were glad to see spring.
29. You felt you could best the winds of the world.
30. You admired a storm.
31. You enjoyed lightning.
SPECIAL SESSION LISTS: Remedies
If recalling something special made pc uncomfortable:
There are several ways to overcome this. If actual physical pain is part of the situation pc
has recalled, do not try to force pc further into it, but concentrate on later incidents
which gradually gets pc back up to present time. The following questions will assist the pc to do that:
1. Recall a pleasant incident which happened later.
2. Recall what you were doing this time last year.
3. Recall a moment when you were really enjoying yourself.
4. Recall what you were doing this time last month.
5. Recall what you were doing yesterday.
6. Recall something pleasant that happened today.
Recall these things consecutively again.
Many more SAL processes are available in the book Self Analysis